I’m a total baseball and hockey type of mom. Having said that, I do enjoy watching the Super Bowl every year – only because of the outrageous performances offered at half time. Oh, and the delicious comfort food you get to eat while watching.
Chicken wings, nachos, tacos, just load me up with calories! Not. I’d prefer a healthier appetizer this time around. These buffalo chicken lettuce tacos will satisfy your cravings and keep things light during the big game.
No need for packaged taco seasoning, this recipe is easy with the spices you are guaranteed to have on hand in your kitchen.
Firstly, I whisked the hot sauce and spices in a medium bowl to create the spicy marinade. When choosing which hot sauce to add, use Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce for hotness, or Frank’s RedHot Original for less hotness.
I also chopped the onion, tomatoes, jalapeños, portioned the shredded cheese, and washed and dried the lettuce leaves.
If you don’t have time to marinate the chicken for an hour beforehand, you can cook the chicken first, chop them up, and then continue to fry them in the sauce mixture. The taste is unreal.
For More Gluten Free Chicken Recipes:
- Chipotle Inspired Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Easy Gluten-Free Butter Chicken
- Gluten-free Baked Ricotta Chicken
The fresh romaine lettuce leaves and the chopped jalapeños add just the right amount of crunchiness. Enjoy this meal for lunch, dinner, serve for guests, and amaze with these flavourful lettuce taco wraps!
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Buffalo Sauce:
- ¼ cup Frank's RedHot Wing Buffalo Sauce OR Frank's RedHot Original*
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1½ tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- For Shells and Toppings:
- 6 large romaine lettuce leaves (washed and dried)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar (optional)
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil on medium high heat and fry the chicken breasts until cooked through ( 5-10 minutes per side depending on size). You may pound the chicken prior for faster cooking. Set aside.
- Wash and dry lettuce. Chop tomato, onion, and jalapeño (removing seeds if desired).
- On a dish or cutting board, cut chicken vertically to shred, throw back into pan and sauté in the buffalo sauce mixture, about 5 minutes.
- Place chicken in lettuce shells and top with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
*You may use Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce for more heat, or Frank’s RedHot Original for less heat.
It’s game time! Enjoy.