These perfectly fluffy pancakes will satisfy your pumpkin spice cravings this fall – without all the calories and carbs. Delicious and healthy at the same time!
We absolutely love fall and everything that goes along with it. The crisp air, cozy sweaters, visits to the farm, and so much more. But most of all, pumpkin spice everything! That is all!
These pumpkin pancakes are easy as pie to make and will satisfy that pumpkin spice craving. Similarly to my Blueberry Banana Cinnamon Pancakes, they’re soft, fluffy, and made with only the best ingredients for a nutritious meal.
Using grain and gluten-free flour means low in carbs and high in fibre. As for the sweetener, pure maple syrup is a must to make this paleo! You can also use coconut sugar, just remember you won’t need a lot as you will probably be pouring syrup on top of these babies before digging in.
Planning what to make for Thanksgiving? I’ve got you covered. Everyone will remember how good these pumpkin pancakes are and they are just so festive. Besides, who doesn’t love how fall baking makes their home smell? The cinnamon and nutmeg not only give off an amazing scent, they taste sensational as well.
Want to add fruit to the batter? Nuts even? Go right ahead. Pancakes are meant to be filled with your favourite ingredients. I also love that you can substitute the butter for coconut oil and use flax eggs to make this a vegan recipe. A flax egg is using one tablespoon of flaxseed meal and three tablespoons of water.
There seriously is nothing more comforting than a warm, fluffy stack of scrumptious pumpkin pancakes! Without the guilt!
Love this? You’ll also love:
- Oatmeal Raisin Pumpkin Cookies (Gluten-Free, Paleo, Toddler Friendly)
- Gluten-free Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Oatmeal Blueberry Breakfast Cake (Healthy, Gluten-free)
- Cinnamon Banana Bread (Gluten-Free, Paleo)
Not sure what you are waiting for, go and make these as soon as possible! Do it now! They will be your new healthy fall favourite, and they’re a cinch to make, I promise. I could totally eat these any time of year and I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag me @northsouthblonde on Instagram and use the hashtag #northsouthblonde!
- 2½ cups almond flour or 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp organic cinnamon
- ¼ tsp organic nutmeg
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs (flax eggs for vegan version*see notes at the bottom)
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp butter (coconut oil for vegan version)
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Add almond milk, pumpkin puree, eggs, syrup, butter, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar. Using a hand mixer (I use this one) or a blender, mix on low for about 20 seconds or until smooth.
- Grease a frying pan with oil of choice or butter and heat on medium.
- Spoon batter into skillet, I did about 2 heaping tbsp and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, or until browned and cooked through. Continue with remainder of batter, or refrigerate to use for later. Serve with a dollop of butter or pure maple syrup and sprinkle cinnamon on top. Or of course fresh fruit, the toppings are endless. Enjoy!
*a flax egg is equal to 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal and 3 Tbsp water
Shop This Post