Gluten-free Nutella Crepes are as sweet as it sounds! They’re light and fluffy, and every chocolate lover’s dream.
Mother’s Day is fast approaching and I can’t stop thinking about delicious breakfast recipes to celebrate. Every year, my husband shows me appreciation on this special day by making me breakfast in bed – talk about amazing! He really knows how to spoil the mother of his kids.
This recipe is for every dad out there who want to show their baby mama how much they care this Mother’s Day. For every child, young or old that wants to do something special for their mother. She will be more than pleased once you make these delicious crepes just for her.
You absolutely need to make these chocolatey Nutella crepes because even the kids go crazy for them. They are such a treat for Sunday breakfast or any holiday for that matter.
This Mother’s Day, I guarantee that mom is going to love them! In fact, she may just eat every single one. I mean come on, every woman loves Nutella. And for your information, if I could buy that jumbo jar from Costco on the regular, I would!
For more breakfast ideas:
- Oatmeal Blueberry Breakfast Cake (Healthy, Gluten-free)
- Gluten-Free Breakfast Hash
- Oven Baked Hash Brown Egg Cups (Gluten-Free, Meatless)
Let me just reiterate the fact that every woman loves Nutella. Did you know that fresh crepes with sprinkled icing sugar, served warm and soft with a melted Nutella chocolate centre is a dream come true? Treat your lady right by showing her how good you are in the kitchen. You’d be surprised how easy making crepes actually is.
Spoil anyone special in your life with these to-die-for crepes. Simply add whipped cream topping, fresh cut strawberries, bananas, blueberries. It’s as simple as that. Want a vegan option? Use flaxseeds instead of eggs, and margarine instead of butter. Another great tip is to use a blender to get all of the clumps out of the batter for smoother crepes.
I hope the mom in your life feels extra special this Mother’s Day!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour (or brown rice flour)
- ½ cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp butter, melted (can also use margarine or coconut oil)
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- Nutella for spreading
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the flour, milk, water, salt, and mix. Add melted butter and whisk. Make sure to whisk until clumps are gone. You may also use a blender to mix ingredients together.
- Heat a non-stick pan with olive oil on medium heat. Once hot, add a thin layer of batter to the pan, moving side to side for the batter to spread in the pan. Be care not to pour too much batter, as the crepes will turn out too thick. Once one side is golden, you will notice the edges lifting up. With a spatula, lift up slightly to check, then flip the crepe by holding the pan on an angle. Cook for about half a minute and transfer to a plate. Repeat for the remainder of batter.
- Portion the crepes onto individual plates for serving. Spread either a line of Nutella going down the centre of the crepe, or spread on the whole entire crepe. Serve warm.