A review of the safest trampoline in the world! Springfree trampolines are a great investment for your family and will encourage kids to get outdoors, active, and making memories all summer long.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
Getting Kids Outdoors and Active
Ever since we moved into our home with acreage I knew I wanted to fill the backyard full of outdoor things for the kids to enjoy.
Ever since I was a child, that is exactly what we had growing up–my dad had built up a treehouse and we were always outside active, playing sports and keeping busy.
Isn’t that what kids need today?
These last few years have not been easy and many families have fallen into ruts where kids are addicted to their screens and watching way too much than they’re supposed to on social media.
Let’s flip the script here and let kids be kids and play until it’s dark out when it’s time to come home! I mean, safely of course.
Ever since we installed our Springfree trampoline, the kids have been spending literally hours on it jumping, flipping, shooting hoops, and practicing their gymnastics moves.
There are so many activities and fun memories to be made here.
Difference Between a Spring Trampoline and Springfree Trampoline
The key differences is that one uses retractable metal springs connecting the mat to the frame that are exposed, while Springfree uses flexible rods. The Springfree rods are out of view and out of contact by being installed underneath the frame of the trampoline.
By having the rods under the trampoline, they are not a safety concern, whereas exposed springs can easily cause accidents. No springs equals piece of mind for moms and dads.
A traditional trampoline has metal posts attached to the frame to hold up the netting around the trampoline. A Springfree trampoline has flexible, bendable rods that hold up the netting and are also extremely safe and move with jumps and falls so that kids can be safe at all times.
Springfree Trampoline Activities:
- Sleepover – grab the blankets, sleeping bags, stuffies, squishmallows, and snacks. Set up the solar lights and enjoy a cozy night in the yard!
- Movie Night – invite all the friends, make the popcorn, and play the cinemood for the perfect movie night! Clip on a white bedsheet to project onto and away you go.
- Chalk Art – My girls love drawing and colouring, especially with chalk on the trampoline. It washes away with the hose or with every rainfall!
- Stretching and Relaxing – The trampoline is a safe place for kids to just get their space, listen to music with a bluetooth speaker or with bluetooth headphones, and do the body good.
- Cardio Exercise – Not just for the kids! I get on there too and get in stretching, jumps sets and jumping jacks. Boy oh boy does it burn!
- Gymnastics – If you have a tumbler in the family, they will love to practice their flips on here safely and endlessly.
- Ball Pit – Easily decorate and turn the trampoline into a huge ball pit for little ones to enjoy! This is so great for birthday parties or special events. Simply fill it with 200-500 plastic ball pit balls and just be sure to supervise at all times for all kinds of usage.
- Water Fun – Our daughters love refreshing water fights in the summer to stay cool and that includes on the trampoline! The water helps to clean the trampoline mat as well, so it’s a win in my books. These reusable water balloons on amazon have gone viral and are so much fun and our youngest loves her cocomelon bubble machine!
A Great Investment for Families
As I mentioned before, our kids need to stay active and explore outdoors for their health and wellbeing. It’s a priority.
A Springfree trampoline is an investment you won’t regret and will bring memories, smiles and laughter for many years to come!
The kids are only kids for a short time – it really flies by right in front of your eyes.
That’s why it’s so important to make those positive, happy memories imprinted in their minds so they can look back and remember the wonderful childhood they had, being outdoors and playing with the kids from down the street.
Getting dirty, being creative, and doing so in a safe environment while Mom and Dad can have piece of mind.
Do You Need to Take it Down Every Winter?
This is a common question within the trampoline community and the Springfree website reassures customers that there is no need to disassemble the trampoline for winter months.
However, our family is in northern Ontario where some winters can be much more severe, with more amounts of snow than other parts of the province. If you live somewhere with more snow, by a lake for example (lake effect!) then you may want to consider the take down just to be safe and keep the materials in tip-top shape.
The weight of large amounts of snow and ice can definitely strain the mat, but then again the netting may prevent the snow from really compounding inside. The only way to tell is seeing for ourselves, so I will update you in one year!
Can All of The Children Jump?
This is tricky because ever since we got our Springfree trampoline, kids from around the block came out to play too. And although the safety standard is one jumper at a time, that’s almost impossible to manage when you have big kids with a whole lot of energy (and attitude!) but it’s important to do your best and supervise.
Accidents can happen. There is such a thing as a double bounce, and a parent’s worst nightmare is running to the emergency room over a sprained ankle or a broken shin. Yikes.
These things can happen. So as a mother, I try my best to keep an eye on the kids which is why I placed the trampoline close to the house, close to window view. I can manage the kids if they get out of hand or play too roughly.
I can also keep an eye to make sure they are gentle when the little ones want to join in on the fun, but my biggest recommendation as a parent to a parent is to always supervise.
You can always set limits like how many can jump, big kids only, no flips, etc. Let the kids know you’re in charge and they need to listen to the rules to earn their trampoline play time!
Springfree Features We Love
Quality Materials and Durability
Some of our favourite features includes the durable, easy to use zippered enclosure. The kids can easily open and close it and it’s made with quality materials, as is the entire net.
You can also use a lock to keep the trampoline off limits for when you’re out or away. This is a great little feature especially if you have little children who want to sneak on or kids on the street who also want to use it without supervision. This way you have full control as a parent!
A Variety of Shapes and Sizes to fit Any Backyard Space
Go big or go compact. Springfree offers a wide variety of shapes and sizes of trampolines to fit your space perfectly.
We went with the large oval because the spot where we wanted it, the oval was the perfect fit between the house and the garage.
I wanted to place it in view from our back deck, to supervise the kiddos at all times and I love how I was able to find the perfect fit for our yard.
I’m so happy how well it fits into our space! If you have the room and a level ground, definitely go bigger because the bigger, the more fun of course.
The Safest Trampoline in The World
Injuries are virtually impossible thanks to using rods that are placed under the frame, rather than springs that can pinch!
The soft edged mat is also worry-free and allows for more surface area to jump on.
There are also no metal poles holding up the net enclosure, only flexible posts that won’t hurt if you fall into them.
With our old trampoline, the kids would climb up the outside of the net, walk around the springs (which a foot could fall through or get pinched) and the cover that protected the springs ripped easily and deteriorated from the weather. No need to worry about any of that once you make the switch!
What to Consider During Set-Up
Here are some tips to keep in mind when setting up your Springfree trampoline:
- Do you want it in a shaded area? Closer to the house so that it’s easier to supervise the kids? In view of a window?
- Make sure you have enough of the recommended clearance around where the trampoline will be. We made sure there was at least 5 feet of clearance around our trampoline. Also away from tall trees where dead trunks or branches can fall during a wind storm.
- Make sure the ground is flat, important to prevent tipping over. You may need to level out a slope with sand or gravel in your designated set-up spot.
- Have two people for setting up the trampoline. Thanks to the installation app, it was really easy for me to get the frame together. When it came time to install the rods, I had to get my husband to help. It takes your whole body and a lot of muscle to get them in there properly. Luckily, there are many instructional videos showing exactly how to do it safely if you get stuck on this step. All in all, it really does help when two people are pushing together to get the springs securely in place.
Recommended Must Have Accessories
- I highly recommend the Springfree basketball net because it’s great for all ages. It’s quite easy to set up using the BILT app for instructions, you really can’t get it wrong. Height adjustment isn’t an issue since the child either jumps or not to shoot. Another awesome activity to add to the fun!
- Get the ladder. Our almost 2 year old can safely climb in and out using the Springfree ladder, which has a little platform step to make it easier. Kids and adults alike will find it easier to get in and out of the trampoline.
- There’s a cute little storage bag that you can purchase as well, which is great for throwing in your shoes, keys or cell phone.
- I use a large deck box for storage which is great for storing all toys like balls, water guns, bubble machines, chalk, and more. It keeps things neatly put away, not scattered all over the yard.
- For lawn maintenance, I’ve been using this electric powered weed whacker to cut under the trampoline. I love how I can just charge up the battery and go. This avoids the need to lift and move the trampoline every time you’re cutting the grass.
- I also recommend this electric leaf blower to keep literally everything under the sun off of your trampoline mat!