Just a heads up, this recipe is a total game changer. Easy to make, these no-bake bite sized cookie dough balls are made with mini eggs inside – just welcoming Easter with open arms. And let’s just say that I wasn’t sure who would end up finishing them all, me or the kids!
I know, I know, last week I used Cadbury chocolate in this spinach smoothie which was to die for and of course healthy! But now I’m just getting right to the point. Sugar. And you totally deserve it once in a while!
I mean, what’s Easter without mini eggs?! Am I the only one who buys them year ’round? Who can resist that crispy shell coating and milk chocolate centre? On top of that, the pastel colours are so fun and cute! But it gets better – put them into cookie dough balls (the no-bake kind) and the the world becomes a happy place again.
It’s safe to eat because there are no eggs involved.
With only a few ingredients, these cookie dough balls are so much fun to make with the little ones. It’s not that messy and tastes absolutely delicious! Make any shape you want out of these because it’s kind of like edible play dough. The 1-inch thick balls are the perfect portion sizes for a quick and yummy snack or dessert.
Make these mini egg balls with your favourite gluten-free flour (we use almond flour). For a paleo option, you can use a natural sweetener in substitution for the sugar (raw honey or pure maple syrup are great options to try).
For more NO BAKE Balls:
- No-Bake Holiday Energy Balls (Gluten-Free, Paleo, Vegan)
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- No-Bake (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Egg-less) Cookie Dough Balls
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cup almond flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1½ cup unsalted butter, softened (or coconut oil)
- 1 Small pack of Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Mix butter, salt, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Add in flour slowly and continue mixing through until dough forms. Fold in the mini eggs.
- Form 1 inch thick balls, pressing and rolling batter tightly using the palms of your hands.