These cookies are easy as pie to make and a great way to get the kids eating their vegetables.
They taste just like, believe it or not, carrot cake! Well, without the frosting – which means they’re low in fat, low in carbs, gluten-free, and absolutely deadly.
On top of all that, they’re super moist on the inside and full of fibre. Wait, it get’s better. You’ll have delicious, mouth-watering cookies in under 20 minutes!
Okay, before I start sounding like an infomercial, let me start telling you exactly how I came to make these:
When I think of spring being just around the corner, Easter immediately comes to mind. And with that comes delicious desserts, baking and painting eggs with my girls.
But most of all, the smell of fresh, rich carrot cake warm and ready to eat.
For those tuning in, I have a three year old and a two year old, so “cookies mom, COOKIES!” is a common phrase in our household.
Remarkably, I was able to mix up some carrot cookie batter that’s healthy and tasty enough to get the whole family to want to dig right in. Score.
For the love of cookies:
- Oatmeal Raisin Pumpkin Cookies (Gluten-Free, Paleo, Toddler Friendly)
- Almond Butter Cookies (Flourless, Gluten-Free, Dairy Free)
- 4 Ingredient Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
Did I mention that they make your home smell spectacular?! That’s the cinnamon.
I hope you love this nutritious and delicious snack! Feel free to share your recipe ideas with me in the comments below!
Carrot Cake Cookies (Gluten-Free, Low Fat, Kid-Friendly)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, coconut oil, vanilla, and maple syrup. Add everything together and mix on low speed, or hand mix until well combined. Fold in the grated carrots. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, scoop in 1 - 1 1/2 inch thick batter into balls and flatten slightly with a spoon.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let cool and serve.
*This is the hand mixer I use (thanks for the Christmas present mom! I love you).
Shop What You’ll Need