These mini egg cookie dough balls are easy to make, no-bake, gluten-free, and filled with chocolate Cadbury Mini Eggs. A perfect snack or dessert and a fun Easter activity for the kids!
I recently put together surprise Easter gift baskets for my girls, and I had to include Mini Eggs of course! I mean, what’s Easter without Mini Eggs?!
Am I the only one who buys them year ’round? On top of that, the pastel colours are so cute for spring!
Put them into your cookie dough balls (no eggs and no baking required) and the world becomes a happier place.
An Easter Snack or Dessert Recipe
Just a heads up–this recipe is a total game changer.
It only involves a few ingredients and is so easy to make. These no-bake, bite size mini egg cookie dough balls are made with Cadbury Mini Eggs inside and gluten-free flour.
They make for a scrumptious, yet light and fun snack or dessert for the whole family and are perfect for welcoming Easter with open arms!
Let’s just say that I wasn’t sure who would end up finishing them all–me or the kids!
Related: Healthy Low Carb & Keto Cookie Dough Balls
An Easter Activity for The Kids
These cookie dough balls are super fun to make as an activity with the little ones. And the best part about this recipe is that it can become a family tradition every Easter.
The best part about this recipe is that the kids can get involved by adding the ingredients into a bowl and and shape their cookie dough balls all on their own.
Eggless Cookie Dough That’s Safe to Eat
You don’t feel bad if the little ones start eating the ingredients!
It’s safe to eat because there are no raw eggs involved in the recipe.
How to Make Mini Egg Cookie Dough Balls
With only a few ingredients, these cookie dough balls are so much fun to make with the little ones. It’s not too messy and tastes absolutely delicious!
Make any shape you want out of the batter because it’s kind of like edible play dough. The 1-inch thick balls are the perfect portion sizes for a quick and yummy snack or dessert.
All you will need is:
- Sugar. For a refined sugar free option, you can use a natural sweetener in substitution for the sugar (raw honey or pure maple syrup are great options to try).
- A pinch of salt
- Your favourite gluten-free flour (we use almond flour)
- Cadbury Mini Eggs
If you only have chocolate chips at hand, throw them in as well. I usually use these dairy free kind, or the no sugar added dark chocolate chips for myself! You could add in some bright coloured sprinkles too, and really get creative with it!
And if you’re really craving something for yourself, you need to try these No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls or these Keto Cookie Dough Balls that are vegan, low carb, and keto friendly.
Are Cadbury Mini Eggs Gluten-Free?
Yes. According to the ingredients on the label and on the Cadbury website, Mini Eggs do not contain gluten.
Can I Bake Mini Egg Cookie Dough Balls to Make Cookies?
You most definitely can–just by adding only two more ingredients.
You may add 1-2 eggs and a teaspoon of baking powder. This will garner the perfect soft and moist cookies!
- Simply make the batter as you would in this recipe, adding in the eggs and baking powder, mix together and fold in the mini eggs.
- Then, roll into 1-inch thick balls, place evenly spread apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 12-15 minutes!
Note: If you plan to bake your cookie dough into cookies and add eggs to the batter, the batter may not be safe to eat as there is a risk of salmonella poisoning.
More NO-BAKE Desserts You’ll Love:
- No-Bake Holiday Energy Balls (Gluten-Free, Paleo, Vegan)
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- No-Bake (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Egg-less) Cookie Dough Balls
Pin this for later!
Happy Easter everyone!
No-Bake Cadbury Mini Egg Balls (Eggless, Gluten-Free)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar sub honey or maple syrup or other sweetener if desired
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened (or coconut oil)
- 1 handful Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Mix butter, salt, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Add in flour slowly and continue mixing through until dough forms. Fold in the mini eggs.
- Form 1 inch thick balls, pressing and rolling batter tightly using the palms of your hands.
Shop the Recipe