This deliciously tender baked chicken recipe involves only a few steps and can be served with salad or fresh vegetables for dinner. You could even use the chicken in a salad for lunch or divide them into containers for your weekly meal prep. A hearty, satisfying, yet good-for-you meal.
The ricotta cheese has a light and airy taste – not as overwhelming as mozzarella. It also works well in so many dishes and most diets like the paleo diet as a healthier alternative. Once baked in the oven, the chicken becomes all over crispy and golden in colour. So good!
Chicken is a great alternative to red meat. You can choose not to bread the chicken or you can use the breadcrumbs of your choice. For a gluten-free alternative to regular Italian breadcrumbs, I used Gluten-free Italian breadcrumbs.
For more chicken inspired dinners:
- Chicken Rice and Black Bean Burritos
- Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Tacos (Gluten-Free, Paleo)
- Easy Gluten-Free Butter Chicken
Also, when you’re short for time, it won’t take long to prep the chicken before it goes into the oven. The chicken will be tender and delicious, taking only a few easy steps to get there!
Get these mouthwatering flavours with in less time. Here’s how:
Gluten-free Baked Ricotta Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups of Gluten-free Italian breadcrumbs flaxseed meal for paleo
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese refrain if paleo
- 1/2 cup of baby spinach
- Salt & pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Wash the chicken breasts in the sink with cool water and remove any fatty tissues. Set Aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the 2 eggs. In another bowl, add breadcrumbs, 1 tbsp of salt, and 1 tbsp of pepper. Stir together with a spoon.
- Coat the chicken first in the eggs, then in the breadcrumbs making sure to cover the whole piece. Repeat for the next 5 chicken breasts. Place in a large baking dish.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of the chicken (Less is more).
- Spoon on the ricotta cheese to the centre of the chicken and spread out evenly with (Optional: salt & pepper to taste).
- Next, finely chop the baby spinach and sprinkle on top of the chicken.
- Bake for 30 - 45 minutes depending on thickness of chicken.
- Make sure chicken is not pink inside.
I served the chicken with baby spinach mixed in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
You can find the gluten-free breadcrumbs I use here and the extra virgin olive oil here. Also, here is the glass baking dish set I use.
Simply delicious! I hope you enjoy!
Click here for more delicious gluten-free recipes and don’t forget to subscribe!
It seems so good !!
North South Blonde says
It is! Thank you 🙂
Omg! I love ricotta cheese! Some people want death by chocolate…I want deal by ricotta cheese. Thanks for the recipe.
North South Blonde says
haha I agree!