This flourless chocolate chip banana bread is so easy to make involving a few ingredients that chocolate lovers will love!
Make ahead and serve this holiday season. This is a great dessert recipe to enjoy with loved ones, or to pack up in your kids’ lunchboxes.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Ingredients
This recipe involves only a few simple ingredients in your cupboard you probably already have!
- Natural Peanut Butter (or any nut butter)
- Raw honey
- Baking Powder
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
I love that as soon as you notice your bananas are over ripening, it’s time to make some banana bread. I also loved making lactation banana bread postpartum to help with milk production! It’s just so wholesome and healthy.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Banana Bread
You won’t need a fancy blender or mixer to combine the ingredients here. Simply use a whisk for the wet ingredients, and a spoon to combine the dry ingredients.
That makes this recipe easy as pie and great for getting the kids involved to help pour and mix the ingredients together.
More Healthy Chocolate Desserts:
- High Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars (GF, Low Carb, Keto)
- Collagen & Protein Oh Henry Chocolate Bars (Keto, Healthy, GF, DF)
- Healthy Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate (GF, Keto, Vegan, Paleo, Whole 30)
- The Best Vegan Toddler Friendly Chocolate Pudding (Gluten-Free, Paleo)
Why Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is Healthy
And finally, the real winner of this recipe — ripened bananas. There is nothing sweeter. Naturally, that is.
Keep in mind that bananas are high in natural sugars. One banana has about 24 net carbs, which is high for someone consuming a low carb diet. It’s a healthy indulgence and great to up your potassium levels.
Health benefits of bananas include:
- High potassium for a healthy heart, and to control the body’s electrolyte levels — great for reduces muscle cramps
- Controls blood pressure the less ripe the banana is (less sweet)
- Source of fibre to help regulate digestion
- Contains vitamin B6 for healthy brain function
Christmas Recipes You’ll Want to Make:
- Vegan No Bake Christmas Almond Balls (Gluten-Free)
- Keto Cranberry Moscow Mule (GF, Sugar-Free, Low Carb)
- Keto Frosted Cheesecake Fat Bombs (3 Ingredients, Sugar Free, GF)
- Healthy Homemade Eggnog (Vegan, Paleo, Whole 30, Sugar Free)
- One Pan Cranberry Rosemary Chicken (Keto, Paleo, Whole 30)
Pin This Recipe to Your Pinterest Board!
Flourless Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan or line with parchment paper for easy removal at the end.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripened bananas with a fork. Slightly heat up the peanut butter until drippy and add along with the eggs, honey (also warmed if needed for easier mixing) and baking powder. Whisk until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the load pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until fork comes out clear. Once removed from oven, sprinkle more chocolate chips on top and let melt. Wait a 10 minutes to cool down before slicing and enjoy!