These high protein chocolate peanut butter bars are like a healthy version of Reece’s made with collagen and protein powder. They’re a sugar-free, gluten-free, low carb and keto friendly snack or dessert made in heaven!
High Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
The combination of chocolate and peanut but is a match made in heaven, we already know that! Why not make out own chocolate bars from scratch?!
These high protein bars are extremely satisfying and filling. Indulge without the guilt before or after a workout, stay full and satiated, and help build lean muscle and recovery.
These peanut butter chocolate bars are low carb, sugar free, and full of fibre and protein to help power your day, promote strong teeth, bones, hair, skin, nails, and so fight the aging process. You’ll love how easy the recipes is, too!
Healthy chocolate recipes you’ll love:
- Collagen Protein Oh Henry Chocolate Bars (Keto, Healthy, GF, DF)
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls (GF, Low Carb, Keto, Vegan)
- Keto Frosted Cheesecake Fat Bombs (3 Ingredients, Sugar Free, GF)
- Raw and Vegan Chickpea Cookie Dough (GF, Refined Sugar Free)
Why a High Protein Snack?
Our bodies need protein! Women need a lot of it, especially for energy.
If you find yourself snacking throughout the day, protein can easily help with that. Think of it like this — if you eat a slice of pizza or a bag of chips, it’s hard to stop! Well, if you eat a steak or chicken breast, don’t you feel full afterwards?
With that protein comes energy, so try to workout for at least ten minutes after eating so that you put your body in fat burning mode and increase lean muscle production!
See how I get 100+ grams of protein in my meals every day here:
Built bars are a quick way to get protein in when you don’t have time to make a meal or snack! Get 3 FREE bars with your purchase here.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars Ingredients
You don’t have to run to the store to make these, most of the ingredients you can just order online! Here’s what you’ll need:
- natural peanut butter
- vanilla protein powder
- vanilla collagen (or plain)
- vanilla extract
- stevia or sweetener of choice
- sugar free chocolate chips
- coconut oil
- sea salt
How to Make Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Now, how to make these bad boys.
- Make the peanut butter layer. In a large bowl combine the peanut butter, protein, collagen, vanilla, and sweetener.
Tip: melt the peanut butter slightly so it’s easier to mix!
- Pour into a wax paper lined container (I used an 8×8 dish).
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave or stovetop in 30 second increments, stirring in between, and pour on top of the peanut layer.
Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Freeze for an hour, cut into slices and enjoy!
How to Store Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars?
Keep the bars stored in the fridge, chilled or in the freezer in an air tight container. If left on the counter, they will begin to melt.
Similarly to these cheesecake fat bombs, storing in the freezer is best.
They will keep for 3-6 months frozen!
Be sure to cut the bars into your preferred portion sizes before freezing.
Watch the recipe video:
View this post on Instagram
High Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars (GF, Low Carb, Keto)
Peanut Butter Layer
- In a large bowl combine the warmed peanut butter, protein, collagen, vanilla, and sweetener. Pour mixture into a wax paper lined dish (I used an 8x8 dish).
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave or stovetop in 30 second increments, stirring in between, and pour on top of the peanut layer, spreading evenly with a spatula.
- Sprinkle sea salt on top and freeze for an hour, cut into desired slices, and enjoy!
Shop What You’ll Need: