Vegan chickpea cookie dough is creamy and delicious, healthy and safe to eat, involving only a few ingredients. A guilt free dessert that’s high in fibre and protein!
Have you been sticking to your health goals now that it’s March 1st? It can be hard! Especially when you have a sweet tooth like I do. This cookie dough will satisfy your cravings in a good way. All you need is a food processor or a professional blender to whip it up.
Did I mention it is refined sugar free? That means that is dessert is actually healthy for you. I love using natural sweeteners like pure maple syrup or raw medjool dates. Similar to my blueberry milkshake recipe that uses dried fruits, they are said to have just as many antioxidants as fresh fruits do and make an awesome natural sweetener with no added sugar.
This cookie dough will bring you back to your childhood memories. Top it over ice cream, serve it as a dip, or better yet, eat it by the spoonful. It’s seriously that good.
The kids will love it too! Little Ava, only three years old, she is my little taste tester and she definitely approves! I add chia and flax seeds to this cookie dough for a ton of extra fibre, but you can also add chopped nuts or chunkier vegan chocolate chips. Get creative with it.
More healthy desserts you’ll love:
- Berry Pie Crumble Bars (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- Carrot Cake Cookies (Gluten-Free, Low Fat, Kid-Friendly)
- The Best Paleo Brownies (Gluten-Free, Dairy Free)
The great thing about this recipe is that you don’t need flour. That means no extra carbs. As for dairy free ingredients, I used unsweetened, vanilla flavoured almond milk (only 2-4 tablespoons). If you want a thicker consistency, of course you can by all means skip this ingredient. Simply add a teaspoon of vanilla instead.
Also, refrigerating the cookie dough before serving will thicken it up as well. And don’t forget about a pinch of sea salt to give it that special cookie dough flavour!
For this is to vegan friendly, be sure to use vegan chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips that are dairy free.
I hope you enjoy this healthy and scrumptious dessert as much as I do! Happy March!
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag @northsouthblonde on Instagram! I’d love to see how yours turns out.
Watch the recipe video:
Raw and Vegan Chickpea Cookie Dough (GF & Refined Sugar Free)
- Rinse and pat dry chickpeas. In a food processor or blender, add all ingredients except for the almond milk and chocolate chips. Blend on low until smooth. You may have to scrape the sides between blending to get everything mixed in.
- Add almond milk, less for a thicker consistency. Pulse a few times.
- Mix in the chocolate chips with a spoon or pulse a few times.
- Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours before serving. Keep refrigerated for 3-4 days. Enjoy!
Shop the post: