This homemade hot chocolate is deliciously decadent and creamy, using dairy free, sugar free ingredients to help with your weight loss goals. A holiday recipe the whole family will love and perfect for Christmas!
Healthy Hot Chocolate
A healthy hot chocolate consists of plant based and sugar free ingredients. Similarly to my Homemade Eggnog recipe, having ingredients that you will know exactly what they are, as you’re making this recipe.
You can feel confident about what you’re putting into your body, your family’s bodies, and know that there won’t be a sugar rush at the end of it all.
So, why the healthy route? It’s because it tastes just as damn good. That’s why.
Keto Hot Chocolate
If you are going the ketogenic root, you can make this hot chocolate bulletproof, as you would your morning coffee. You can use your favourite sweetener, like liquid stevia, powdered stevia, monk fruit sweetener, or natural erythritol.
You could also add in a tablespoon of butter, ghee, coconut oil, or MCT oil for some extra fat that will keep you feeling full for longer.
Another great addition would be a scoop of collagen peptides which brings youthfulness, for healthier hair, skin, nails, and muscle and joint support. Add a scoop of protein powder if it’s your thing too, which would do good if you’re a generally active person.
Health Benefits of Cocoa
Raw organic cocoa powder is the star of the show in this recipe. Unlike store bought hot chocolate powdered mixtures, you know exactly what you’re putting into your body, without all of that added sugar.
Health benefits include:
- Improves insulin resistance by lowering blood sugar levels
- Lowers cholesterol
- High antioxidants for youthfulness and a healthy heart
- Reduces appetite and aids in weight loss
- Detoxes the liver
- Relieves stress and contributes to a healthy functioning brain
- Relieves PMS and depression
- Prevents heart disease while fighting free radicals
More Vegan/Keto Desserts You’ll Love:
- Keto Frosted Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- Homemade Eggnog (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Paleo, Whole 30)
- Keto No-Bake Cookie Dough Balls (Vegan, Paleo, Whole 30, GF)
Cheers to a healthy and comforting holiday season!
Don’t forget to Pin it!
Healthy Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate (GF, Keto, Vegan, Paleo, Whole 30)
- 4 QT Slow Cooker
- 4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup sugar free, dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp cocoa organic
- 2 tbsp stevia or erythritol
- 1 tsp cinnamon optional
- Place ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on high for 1 hour, or low for 2-3 hours. Whisk to blend the melted chocolate chips so that they don't stick to the pot, and continue to whisk periodically until done.
- Serve warm in your favourite mug with mini marshmallows (vegan here), or coconut whipped cream (sugar free, if keto), and dash of cinnamon!
Shop What You’ll Need
Optional Healthy Ingredients to Add