Light, crispy and delicious Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Tacos are made in 20 minutes or less. An easy, gluten-free, low carb, keto and paleo recipe. Enjoy the wraps as an appetizer or main dish.
Game Night or Date Night Recipe
I’m a total baseball and hockey type of mom. Having said that, I do enjoy watching the Super Bowl every year–only because of the outrageous performances offered at half time. Oh, and the delicious comfort food you get to eat while watching.
Chicken wings, nachos, tacos, just load me up with calories! Not. I’d prefer a healthier appetizer this time around.
These buffalo chicken lettuce tacos will satisfy your cravings and keep things light during the big game or even for date night.
Make as a healthy alternative for taco night, for friends and family. If they love spicy buffalo sauce, they’ll love the flavour of these healthy tacos.
Low Carb and Keto Tacos for Weight Loss
Why have a lettuce taco over a traditional flour or corn taco shell? There are so many nutrients in lettuce while being low in carbs and low in calories.
Lettuce tacos are super light and perfect for summer nights and entertaining, and simply for staying on track.
If you can’t seem to hold the shape of a taco, if your lettuce leaves aren’t large enough, who cares! Whip this recipe up as a chicken taco salad. You won’t be disappointed.
Lettuce Taco Shells
The key to making healthy low carb tacos are the large romaine lettuce shells. The bigger, the better.
You can wash and dry your lettuce prior to cooking so that they dry in time. You can also use a salad spinner to extract all the water. This way, you’re left with crispy lettuce that resembles a taco shell!
How to Make Chicken Lettuce Tacos
No need for packaged taco seasoning, this recipe is easy with the spices you are guaranteed to have on hand in your kitchen.
And even though you will be using chicken instead of beef, you will still season it as you would for regular tacos.
Spicy Hot Buffalo Chicken
First, I whisked the hot sauce and spices in a medium bowl to create the spicy marinade.
I also chopped the onion, tomatoes, jalapeños, portioned the shredded cheese, and washed and dried the lettuce leaves.
If you don’t have time to marinate the chicken for an hour beforehand, you can cook the chicken first, chop them up, and then continue to fry them in the sauce mixture.
The taste is unreal.
For More Gluten Free Chicken Recipes:
- Chipotle Inspired Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Easy Gluten-Free Butter Chicken
- Gluten-free Baked Ricotta Chicken
The fresh romaine lettuce leaves and the chopped jalapeños add just the right amount of crunchiness. Enjoy this meal for lunch, dinner, serve for guests, and don’t feel guilty one little bit!
It’s game time! Enjoy.
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Tacos (Gluten-Free, Paleo)
Lettuce Shells and Toppings
- 6 large romaine lettuce leaves washed and dried
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 jalapeño chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar optional
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil on medium high heat and fry the chicken breasts until cooked through ( 5-10 minutes per side depending on size). You may pound the chicken prior for faster cooking. Set aside.
- Wash and dry lettuce. Chop tomato, onion, and jalapeño (removing seeds if desired, as seeds add heat).
- On a dish or cutting board, cut chicken vertically to shred, throw back into the pan and sauté in the buffalo sauce mixture, about 5 minutes.
- Place chicken in lettuce shells and top with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Shop The Post