Coconut Lemon Smoothie is a creamy lemon flavoured piña colada with a twist that can be made with or without rum. A healthy, refreshing and flavourful summer drink.
With a few cool days here and there and as much as I am looking forward to pumpkin spice everything, I wanted to make just one more refreshing summer smoothie for the books. To savour the last hot days of summer.
When I drink this coconut flavoured smoothie, it reminds me of drinking a piña colada when on vacation. With tropical flavours and of course all of the benefits freshly squeezed lemons have to offer – it’s a match made in heaven!
If you like this recipe, you’ll love:
- Pineapple Blueberry Smoothie (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-free, Whole 30)
- Fat Burning Green Smoothie (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Paleo)
- Energy Boosting Oatmeal Berry Breakfast Smoothie
What a perfect way to celebrate the last few weeks of summer with this delicious and creamy treat! If you saw my last post about the top pre-k and kindergarten workbooks, you know that my almost four-year-old is starting kindergarten in two weeks. In other words, this mommy needs a drink!
Simply add as much rum as you’d like, or better yet, leave it virgin so the kids can enjoy them with you. Ava loves lemons, she literally eats them like an apple so she couldn’t resist!
Sit back and soak in the last bit of sun with one of these babies in hand and reap the benefits. Did you know lemons are a great immune booster, detoxifier, fat burner, and energy booster? Also, if the lemon flavour is too strong for your palette, by all means add another cup of water to diffuse it.
How are you enjoying the last bit of summer?!
And how are you preparing/dealing with back-to-school?
Coconut Lemon Smoothie (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup pure
- 1/2 cup white rum optional
- 1/2 can coconut milk organic
- 4 lemons freshly squeezed
- 4-6 cups water
- Place ingredients into a blender, with or without the white rum, and blend for about 10 seconds.
- Pour into a pitcher and refrigerate up to one week. Stir before drinking. Enjoy!