How easy is it to make a breakfast smoothie when you’re on the go? So easy! And trust me with this one, it tastes so yummy that you won’t believe how fast the kids gulp it down.
There are so many healthy benefits and nutrients packed into one glass. You’ll feel full and have energy to start your day.
The ingredients are organic, superfoods that are high in fibre, dairy free, sugar free, and gluten-free as well.
An Easy & Healthy Breakfast Smoothie
When I get up in the morning, all I really care about is having my coffee and feeding the kids. No, I’m not up for having pancakes, Eggo’s, Cheerios, or peanut butter on toast, or bland oats (read here how to make oatmeal not boring).
I need something nutritious and healthy that is quick to make. This is it! It only takes five minutes and it’s sweet! There are literally so many variations to this smoothie – add any kind of fruit you prefer.
The great thing about it is that my daughters finish it faster than I do! (It’s healthy for them too).
Health Benefits of Mixed Berries
- Reduces risk of cancer
- Has antioxidants which boosts immunity and promotes youthfulness
- Lowers blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Fights against inflammation and heart disease
- Excellent source of fibre for easier weight management
- Improves skin
- Lowers cholesterol
- Consumed in a wide variety of diets (low carb, keto, paleo, whole 30, vegan, gluten-free, etc)
- A good source of energy-boosting carbs
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
Chia Seeds can be consumed raw or cooked, and soaked into a liquid like almond milk before eating.
Here are the many health benefits you’ll reap by simply adding a tablespoon of chia seeds to your smoothie:
- Excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids which are essential for brain and heart performance, as well as lowering blood pressure and in turn, provides energy
- Rich in antioxidants to fight aging and boost your immune system
- Source of fibre, iron, calcium, and protein (a must if consuming a vegan diet)
- Protects against heart attacks and strokes
Dairy Free Milk Options
Switching up smoothie ingredients is as easy as customizing a bowl of oatmeal to your liking. And the benefits of going with a plant-based milk are for good cause.
My favourite milk alternative is unsweetened vanilla almond milk because I personally love the flavour of vanilla.
Here are other gluten-free and vegan milk alternatives you can use:
Can You Eat Oatmeal Raw?
The simple answer is, yes. However, it will taste better when soaked in a liquid such as milk or water — which makes for the perfect smoothie ingredient.
You can buy chia seeds in your local grocery store’s health section or nuts and seeds section. I like to order a great big bag of it over at Amazon.
Simply add a tablespoon of chia seeds to your smoothie, smoothie bowl, oatmeal, or cereal.
Health Benefits of Oats
- Full of antioxidants to fight aging and free radicals, and boost immunity
- Excelled source of fibre
- Aids in weight loss
- Lowers blood sugar levels and cholesterol
- Improves heart health and gut health, for easier digestion
- Filling and acts as a hunger suppressant to avoid snacking
- Good carbs which break down into energy to power through your day
If you struggle with consuming oatmeal on a daily basis, you’ll want to read 27 Ways to Make Oatmeal Not Boring.
Alternative Sweeteners for Your Smoothie
Honey or pure maple syrup is refined sugar free and a great choice for a healthier smoothie sweetener.
For more smoothie recipes:
- Fat Burning Green Smoothie (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Paleo)
- Healthy Green Avocado Smoothie (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-free)
- Berry and Chia Seed Popsicles (Vegan, Gluten-free, Paleo)
A delicious way to start off your day. This smoothie is fast and easy to make and will give you the energy boost you need in the morning. No caffeine. Lots of antioxidants and fibre. It’s tasty enough for the whole family to enjoy.
Energy Boosting Oatmeal Berry Breakfast Smoothie
- Using a blender, blend together until smooth.
Shop What You’ll Need: