Immune boosting keto smoothie is a superfood packed drink that’s easy to make and protects your body during cold and flu season. Rich in antioxidants and vitamin C, it’s also vegan, paleo, and whole 30 friendly.
A Keto and Low Carb Smoothie
This is one powerful smoothie. Unlike other smoothies that involve bananas which are high in natural sugars, this recipe has avocados instead to add thickness, with added natural sweetener. Low in carbs and ketogenic friendly, yet powerful antioxidants to fight off the common cold or flu.
Prepare your body in the best way possible with ingredients to fuel your body, keep you youthful, and fight against disease.
This green smoothie is not going to be the best tasting smoothie you will ever have — please take note. This is a smoothie of medicine. Food used to heal and nurture the body. Use more natural sweetener if desired!
A Green Smoothie to Fight The Flu
Ingredients like spinach and kale are loaded with nutrients like potassium, magnesium, vitamins B6, C, and E. They’re high in antioxidants which protect your body from the common cold or flu.
The more greens, the better.
The key to a green smoothie is the ratio of greens to the other ingredients. In this smoothie, I used two dense cups of spinach.
If you want to add more mixed berries, you may render a brownish coloured smoothie.
Immune Boosting Benefits
- Helps to lower cholesterol and reduces the risk of heart disease
- Rich in antioxidants to fight off colds and flus and keep you youthful
- Speeds up recovery time from the common cold or flu
- Protects your body from getting the common cold or flu
- Improves blood sugar levels
- Fights inflammation
- Relieves nausea
- High fibre improves digestions
- Lowers risk of cancer
- Reduces hunger
- Speeds up metabolism for weight loss or weight management
- Provides energy
Can I Use Frozen or Fresh Ingredients?
It doesn’t matter. At this time, what is most convenient for you and your family will work. Frozen fruits and veggies have the same nutrients as fresh! It’s less expensive and more convenient when buying frozen foods in bulk.
And if you decide to use fresh, you can easily throw in some ice cubes into your blender for a nice and refreshing cold smoothie.
Healthy Recipes You’ll Love:
- Healthy Blueberry Milkshake (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Paleo, Whole 30)
- Fat Burning Cabbage Soup (GF, Keto, Paleo, Whole 30, and Vegan)
- Energy Boosting Oatmeal Berry Breakfast Smoothie
- Healthy Homemade Fudgesicles (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Paleo, Whole 30)
Milk Options For Your Smoothie
Almond milk is a dairy free option in this recipe, which provides calcium, vitamin D, and potassium.
Another option is oat milk, but has a higher carb count if that’s something you’re looking out for.
Ground Ginger VS Grated Ginger
Ground ginger is a dried spice found in the pantry spices section of your local grocery store. Grated Ginger is from raw, fresh ginger, that you can find in the fruit and vegetable section of your local grocery store.
Amounts between the two differ, as dried is not as potent as fresh, which is peeled and then chopped or grated.
However, ground ginger is far more powerful in taste. This recipe calls for one teaspoon of fresh grated ginger, so if you decide to use dried, you should only use about 1/8 of a teaspoon.
Ground, dried ginger loses some of its gingerol content, which are anti-inflammatory phytonutrients. Therefore, your best bet for achieving the most immune boosting health benefits would be to use fresh ginger.
Pin it for later!
Immune Boosting Keto Green Smoothie (GF, Vegan, Paleo, Whole 30)
- Add ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. If using fresh ingredients, add ice cubes as desired. Add more sweetener if desired. Enjoy!
0 Calorie Natural Sweeteners
Sustainable Smoothie Straws