These perfect fluffy scrambled eggs make for a healthy, quick and easy breakfast every time. Naturally low in carbs, keto, and gluten-free.
Eggs Are Cheap/Affordable
As a family of four, we live off of eggs! They’re super affordable, while loaded with essential nutrients for our whole family to enjoy.
Scrambled eggs, in particular, are quick and easy to make. Once you know how to perfect the recipe, they’ll be your go-to for weekday and weekend mornings, breakfast-in-bed surprises, or special holiday breakfasts and brunches.
There’s something so warm and comforting about deliciously fluffy scrambled eggs first thing in the morning.
Eggs Are Good For You
Never mind the documentaries on Netflix telling you to avoid eggs. You simply need to purchase the right kind–organic, free range eggs. Omega-3 enriched eggs are a great option.
If those are too pricey for you, that’s okay too. Regardless of what kind of eggs you buy, they still hold a ton of benefits.
Here are the health benefits of eggs:
- Rich in protein, iron, zinc, calcium, selenium, and vitamins A, B2, B6, B12, D, E, and K.
- Contain healthy fats for healthy eyes, skin, hair, and nails
- Lowers risk of heart disease and stroke, while raising “the good” cholesterol in your body
- Contain antioxidants for immune support and youthfulness
- Aids in weight loss and lowers blood pressure, as naturally low in carbohydrates
- Will fill you up and satisfy hunger
How to Make Fluffy Scrambled Eggs
These traditional scrambled eggs truly are easy to make, as long as you stay on top of them.
This recipe includes two servings, so you can easily double the recipe for a family of four, and so on and so forth. Use a larger pan if needed!
Start by whisking six eggs and two tablespoons of 10% lactose free cream in a bowl. You can also use milk of choice, half and half cream, or whipping cream if that’s what you’ve got on hand. If you don’t have a whisk, use a fork. Do not season the eggs.
Using a non-stick frying pan, you shouldn’t need to grease it. You could however use a cooking spray of your choice–like coconut oil, avocado oil, or butter. Turn the heat to medium.
Pour the eggs into your pan. Let cook for a minute or two. Then, sprinkle on a dash of salt and pepper. As it cooks, start mixing using a spatula, being sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the pan, bringing the eggs to the centre of the pan.
The eggs will cook fast, continue scraping until the eggs are fluffy and cooked through. If cooked for too long, the eggs will dry out. Turn off heat and plate your scrambled eggs.
Can You Add Other Ingredients to Scrambled Eggs?
As long as they are finely chopped and cooked prior to making your scrambled eggs.
Other ingredients you can use are onions, chives, peppers, cubed ham, bacon bits, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, tomatoes, and jalapeños.
Once your preferred ingredients have cooked, you would then add your egg and cream mixture and continue to cook as mentioned above.
Try adding some shredded cheese, too!
More Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
- Gluten-Free Breakfast Hash
- Energy Boosting Oatmeal Berry Breakfast Smoothie
- Sweet Potato and Kielbasa Skillet (Gluten-Free, Paleo, Whole 30)
Perfect Fluffy Scrambled Eggs (Gluten-Free, Low Carb, Keto)
- non-stick frying pan
- whisk or fork
- 1 tbsp non-stick cooking spray (optional) Can use coconut oil, avocado oil, or butter
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp 10% lactose free cream Or cream or milk of choice
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Start by whisking six eggs and two tablespoons of cream in a bowl. If you don't have a whisk, use a fork. Do not season the eggs.
- Using a non-stick frying pan, you shouldn't need to grease it. You could however use a cooking spray of your choice--like coconut oil, avocado oil, or butter. Turn the heat to medium.
- Pour the eggs into your pan. Let cook for a minute or two. Then, sprinkle on a dash of salt and pepper. As it cooks, start mixing using a spatula, being sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the pan, bringing the eggs to the centre of the pan.
- The eggs will cook fast, continue scraping until the eggs are fluffy and cooked through. If cooked for too long, the eggs will dry out. Turn off heat and plate your scrambled eggs.
- Serve with choice of sides--fresh fruit or veggies, bread of choice (gluten-free or keto if desired), bacon, ham, sausage, or other meat of choice. Enjoy!
Shop What You’ll Need