Keto bacon wrapped, cream cheese stuffed jalapeños are quick and easy to make, baked in the oven to perfection! A gluten-free, low carb snack or appetizer.
The Keto Version of Jalapeño Poppers
If you have a taste for jalapeños, you are going to love how filling and satisfying these are. No breading, no carbs, and yet they have all of your favourite ingredients — bacon and cheese. Isn’t keto the best?!
They make for the perfect snack, appetizer, or side dish. Date night? Game night? You name it, these delicious jalapeños got your back.
How Many Carbs Do Jalapeños Have?
A whole jalapeño has about 1 gram of total carbohydrates, 0.4 grams of fibre, and 0.6 grams of natural sugar. That equals to 0.6 grams of total Net Carbs per one uncut, unseeded spicy pepper of a jalapeño.
In this particular recipe, each jalapeño serving has 0.9 grams of Net Carbs which is extremely doable when tracking your macros.
Using only four ingredients, life doesn’t get any easier. Cream cheese, mozzarella, jalapeños, and mouthwatering bacon.
Should You Remove The Seeds?
The seeds inside a jalapeño’s inner core is what holds all of the spice. Embrace yourself. If one or two of the tiny little seeds are left behind, you’re definitely going to taste it.
This is dependant on your own taste buds. If you can’t live without spicy, don’t be too careful when seeding them.
If you want to remove the hotness from the jalapeños, simply make sure all of the seeds are removed from the inside.
Surprising Health Benefits of Jalapeños
You probably never knew that jalapeños carry health benefits and aid in weight loss. Yes, you heard that right.
They contain a compound called capsaicin, which heats your mouth and your body, in turn speeding up your metabolism to burn more calories. Here are more benefits to note:
- Helps to break down fat cells to burn for energy
- Contains vitamin C, an antioxidant that fights against free radicals
- Reduces blood pressure a risk of heart disease
- Promotes the production of collagen for healthy, youthful skin
- Mood enhancing by boosting levels of serotonin
How to Bake Bacon Wrapped Jalapeños in The Oven
Mix The Cheese Filling
The filling of the jalapeños include cream cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese. It is the perfect amount of creaminess and helps to cool down the hotness of the peppers. The perfect balance.
Stuff The Jalapeño Peppers
Simply spoon the cheese mixture into your halved, seeded jalapeños, and then wrap a piece of bacon around each one.
Wrap With Precooked Bacon
I recommend using precooked bacon for extra crispiness, but it’s not needed. 20 minutes in the oven will crisp up the bacon in the most perfect way anyways, especially if you’re hangry or short on time!
You could precook the bacon by microwaving the pieces between paper towels, on high for 3 minutes. Or, traditionally, fry the bacon in a frying pan (which would take longer).
Wrap each jalapeño with one bacon slice.
Bake Until Perfection
I baked them using a cooling rack baking sheet combo which makes draining the grease from the bacon easier. If you’re using precooked bacon, you could simply line a baking sheet with parchment paper and life is good again. No need to pat the grease away a second time.
More Keto Recipes You’ll Love:
- How to Make The Best Cauliflower Pizza (Gluten-Free, Low Carb, Keto)
- Oven Baked Dry Rub Chicken Wings (Gluten-Free, Keto, Paleo, Whole 30)
- Cheesy Taco Chicken Casserole (Keto, Low Carb, Gluten-Free)
Keto Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeños (Easy, GF, Low Carb, Keto)
- Baking sheet with cooling rack OR baking sheet lined with parchment paper (will have to pat dry the bacon grease)
- 5 whole jalapeños cut lengthwise and seeded
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3 oz cream cheese full fat, room temp, softened
- 10 slices bacon precooked
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Place a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet (which allows bacon grease to drain out). Spray rack with non-stick cooking spray
- Mix softened cream cheese and shredded mozzarella in a bowl
- Once jalapeños are washed, cut lengthwise, and seeded, spoon the cheese mixture into each of the jalapeños
- Wrap each jalapeño with one slice of bacon
- Spread out evenly on the baking sheet rack and bake for 35 minutes