These Rice Krispie Mini Egg Nests are a fun and easy Easter treat the kids will love to help make and eat! A no-bake dessert topped with chocolate mini eggs and spring-themed pastel sprinkles.
Look no further when it comes to this quick and easy Easter treat. These adorable edible egg nests are made with only a few ingredients and involve no baking. They make for the sweetest Easter gift to welcome Spring along with Easter Baskets!
Easter Mini Egg Nests
Making these Easter egg nests will become an exciting tradition in your home year after year.
Just like making basic Rice Krispie squares, you will be moulding your batter into nests instead of squares! They’re super easy to do, and so much fun to decorate.
Rice Krispie Egg Nests Ingredients
It only takes 5 ingredients to make the Rice Krispie Egg Nests! And you don’t need a lot.
- Marshmallows (big or small, it doesn’t matter!)
- Rice Krispies (the cereal)
- Cadbury Chocolate Mini Eggs
- Easter Pastel Sprinkles
You’ll want to use some extra butter, margarine, or non-stick cooking spray to prevent sticking when moulding the batter into a muffin tray and indenting with a spoon to form the nests.
How to Make Easter Egg Nests
- Melt the butter in a large pot on low/medium heat, about 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in the marshmallows until melted and then mix in the Rice Krispies. Remove from heat.
- Mould the batter into a greased muffin tray and used a greased spoon to indent the nests.
- Top the nests with lots of sprinkles and a some chocolate mini eggs! They’re ready to eat!
- This recipe makes 6 large egg nests using a jumbo muffin tray. If you used a regular sized muffin tray, you could make around 8-10 nests.
- Try to work fast to mould your nests while the Rice Krispie batter is still warm. If cooled, it hardens and become very difficult to shape.
- When making the wells in your nests, grease the back of a spoon so that the batter doesn’t stick to it when pressing down!
- You can use inexpensive, no-name mini eggs or other chocolate treats to top. There are also really cute pastel-coloured M&M’s!
More Easter Treats You’ll Love:
Easter Rice Krispie & Chocolate Mini Egg Nests
- Melt the butter in a large pot on low/medium heat, about 1-2 minutes. Mix in the marshmallows and continue to stir until melted. Then add in the Rice Krispies. Remove from heat and mix until combined.
- While the Rice Krispie batter is warm, mould the batter into a greased muffin tray and use a greased spoon to press and indent the wells of the nests. Try to work quickly!
- Top the nests with lots of sprinkles and some chocolate mini eggs. The nests are easily removed from the tray and ready to eat right away! Wrap and gift or store in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Shop What You’ll Need!
Pin The Recipe for Easter!