Jalapeño and cheddar stuffed cheeseburgers are the ultimate treat for lunch or dinner this grilling season. A juicy and delicious stuffed beef burger recipe that’s bursting with flavour!
Jalapeño and Cheddar Stuffed Bacon Cheeseburgers
This is a burger recipe that is packed with so much deliciousness that you can easily be fulfilled with or without a burger bun to go with it.
Stacked tall with crunchy, mouthwatering ingredients, and a flavourful, oozing surprise when you bite into the burger itself, it’s like you went to heaven and came back to tell the story.
Can you tell that this recipe description is written by a 7-month-along pregnant lady with HUGE cravings? You simply cannot go wrong with listening to a pregnant lady’s food recommendations — just saying.
Make a Healthier Hamburger
Make it a Lettuce Burger
We’re all watching what we eat and looking after our health (as we should be), and a great big bun sounds appetizing but doesn’t always feel great after the digestion process. Skip the guilt by replacing your hamburger bun with some crispy iceberg lettuce on the top and bottom of your burger (no nutrients here, just great texture with 0 carbs to replace bread).
Try a Gluten-Free, Low Carb Keto Bun Instead
Again, trying to limit the carbs here, which helps to control blood sugar levels and moods. You can buy low carb keto sesame seed hamburger buns online on amazon, or bake them yourself with a grain-free hamburger bun mix.
How to Make Jalapeño and Cheddar Stuffed Burgers
- Make your burger mixture. Add the beef, seasonings, egg and breadcrumbs in a large bowl and mix together by hand.
- Stuff your burger patties. Shape two thin burger patties by hand. On top of one patty, place stuffing ingredients in the centre (about a tablespoon of chopped jalapeños and cheddar combined). Place the second thin patty on top, molding all around the edges to form one burger.
- Fry or grill the burgers. On medium heat, cook the burgers for 5-6 minutes per side or until fully browned. Flip only once, halfway through to ensure the burger stays intact. Melt the cheese on top before removing!
- Top and serve. Use your favourite fresh veggies and condiments. Add the bacon, spread the mayo, and voila!
BBQ Grilled or Pan Fried Burgers?
Stuffed cheeseburgers are good any way they are cooked. But the question is, to pan fry them or to grill them?
If you enjoy the overall crispy outer layer on your beef burgers, then go ahead and fry them up. You don’t need any extra grease or oil if you use a quality non-stick frying pan.
On the other hand, if you prefer your burgers to be well done, covered in those luscious grill marks and have that unbeatable smokey taste, go ahead and grill those babies on the barbie.
We use our new Weber Q1200 for grilling burgers when camping and we’re obsessed!
Stuffed Bacon Cheeseburger Side Dishes
We love healthy side dishes like a bunch of garlic and olive oiled green beens, sweet potato fries, or a balsamic salad.
Of course, the kids love their plain salted french fries. Hits the spot every time.
We recently bought a potato cutter off amazon to cut our own fries by hand and we have never looked back to frozen fries since.
More Grilling Recipes You’ll Love:
Jalapeño & Cheddar Stuffed Bacon Cheeseburgers
- 1 jalapeño thinly chopped
- 1 oz cheddar cheese cubed
- In a large bowl, combine beef, seasonings, egg and breadcrumbs and knead together with clean hands. Form 4 thin hamburger patties. On two of the patties, place cubes cheddar and chopped jalapeños in the centre, place a second beef patty on top, molding the edges together to form one burger patty.
- Pan fry or grill the burgers 5-6 minutes per side on medium heat, only flipping once. No oil needed, use a non-stick frying pan. Before removing from the pan, place Kraft single slices on the burgers for a minute or two to melt.
- Place burgers on a toasted bun, or bed of crispy lettuce, and top with tomato, onion, lettuce, and bacon. Spread mayo on the top bun and place on top to finish. Serve with your choice of side and enjoy!
Shop What You’ll Need:
Pin for Later!