This easy low carb and keto pita chip crackers recipe is made with high fibre flax seeds and are gluten-free as well. Great for dipping and snacking!
Keto Pita Chip Crackers
These crackers are a little bit of magic and a whole lot of a dream snack when it comes to eating keto and low carb.
They’re super quick and easy to make and perfect for serving with a dip like Spinach and Artichoke Dip or Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip which works amazingly for special occasions, holiday parties, and game nights!
An Easy and Healthy Snack Recipe
These crackers are easy to whip up on short notice and only involve a few ingredients. The key is to form a dough, rolled to flatten using parchment paper, and cut into pieces before baking to perfection in the oven.
More healthy snacks you’ll love:
- Collagen and Protein Oh Henry Chocolate Bars (Keto, Healthy, GF, DF)
- Keto Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeños (Gluten-Free, Low Carb, Keto)
- Easy Low Carb Keto Parmesan Chips
- Keto Frosted Cheesecake Fat Bombs (3 Ingredients, Sugar Free, GF)
High Fibre Flax Seed Crackers
By using whole flax seeds to this recipe, you’ll be benefitting from better digestion, lower cholesterol, lower risk of heart disease, reduce inflammation and maintain blood sugar levels.
They contain omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and fibre. Essential for the body and for the brain, especially if you need extra concentration.
If you don’t like the texture of whole flax seeds, you could simply omit them or sub in ground flaxseed to get the same amount of fibre.
Whole Flaxseed or Ground Flaxseed?
If your goal is to regulate your digestion for regular bowel movements, you’ll want to use ground flaxseeds as they are better absorbed in the body, whereas whole flaxseeds may pass through without your body getting its full benefits. I chose to use whole in these crackers to add to the crispiness, making them more satisfying to eat.
Using almond flour on its own has good healthy fats and fibre, so if you don’t have extra seeds on hand, it’s totally fine. It’s just nice to have the added health benefits!
Flaxseed Pita Crackers Ingredients
Make these crackers with only three ingredients, adding your favourite seasonings to make them your own!
- mozzarella cheese (use lactose free or dairy free if needed)
- almond flour
- whole flaxseeds (or ground)
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
How to Make Crispy Keto Pita Crackers
Step 1: Start by warming up the mozzarella (I used shredded). Place in a large bowl and microwave for 30 seconds or until melty.
Step 2: Add the rest of your ingredients to the bowl. Mix with hands by pressing everything together to combine with the cheese, forming a ball of dough.
Step 3: Place the dough in between parchment paper and press down to flatten. Use a rolling pin to form a flat layer of dough, as thin as you’d like your crackers. Cut into pieces by slicing vertically and horizontally using a pizza cutter.
Step 4: Bake on a lined baking sheet at 425 for 15–30 where 15 minutes is slightly golden, and the full 30 minutes for being extra crispy — whichever you prefer.
Perfect Keto Cracker Baking Tips
- While baking the crackers, you’ll want to keep a close eye on them being careful not to burn. The outer corners tend to crisp up first, so be sure to lean towards 15-20 minutes, rather than the full 30 minutes making them extra crispy.
- Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days. You can reheat them in the oven if needed!
- You can make these crackers as thin or thick as you please. I went with thick crackers, resembling crunchy pita chips. You’ll want to roll your dough anywhere between about 1/8″ to 1/4″ thickness before baking.
More Keto Recipes You’ll Love:
- Garlic Butter and Feta Stuffed Mushrooms (GF, Keto, Low Carb)
- Keto Pumpkin Snickerdoodles (Gluten-Free, Grain Free, Low Carb)
- Keto Shake ‘N Bake Chicken (GF, Low Carb, Paleo, Whole 30)
- Slow Cooker Zucchini Lasagna (Gluten-Free, Low Carb, Keto)
Keto Pita Chip Crackers With Flax Seeds (Gluten-Free, Low Carb)
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Start by warming up the mozzarella (I used shredded). Place in a large bowl and microwave for 30 seconds or until melty.
- Add the rest of your ingredients to the bowl. Mix with hands by pressing everything together to combine with the cheese, forming a ball of dough.
- Bake on a lined baking sheet for 15-30 where 15 minutes yields crackers slightly golden, and the full 30 minutes for being extra crispy -- whichever you prefer. Enjoy! Serve! Dip! Top! Snack! Charcuterie!