Cremini Stuffed Garlic Butter and Feta Mushrooms are made with a delicious homemade garlic butter sauce, and are gluten-free, low carb and keto friendly.
Keto Holiday Appetizer or Side Dish
The holiday season is right around the corner and it reminds me of memorable festive traditions and delicious eats enjoyed with family and friends.
These stuffed mushrooms are a side dish or appetizer that’s guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser at your next holiday party. They’re easy to make, only a few ingredients, and a ton of flavour to help you devour them without guilt.
This recipe is incredibly easy and guarantees for tender and juicy mushrooms every single time!
More Mushroom Recipes You’ll Love:
- 10-Minute Portobello Mushroom Pizzas (Gluten-Free, Keto, Low Carb)
- Keto Roasted Garlic Butter Mushrooms (GF, Low Carb, Paleo, Whole 30)
- Portobello Mushroom Bacon Burgers (GF, Low Carb, Keto, Paleo, Whole 30)
Healthy Cremini Stuffed Mushrooms
Cremini mushrooms have an earthy flavour and a meaty texture to them, making them a great satisfying meal especially when doing a low carb or keto diet.
They contain antioxidants as well as essential B vitamins and minerals like potassium, copper, selenium, and phosphorus.
While naturally low in carbohydrates and calories, they are also very helpful in reducing inflammation, lowering risk of cancer and heart disease.
Garlic Butter Sauce Mixture
The best way to enjoy them is with the garlic butter mixture in this recipe, for the ultimate mouthwatering serving.
Oven roasted to absolute perfection, with a delicious homemade garlic butter sauce that is so pleasing that it might actually become addicting. So much so, that you’ll want to add this garlic butter sauce to many other dishes like salmon and roasted veggies.
- Simply heat up some quality grass fed butter
- Whisk in freshly minced garlic
- Add seasonings
I used oregano, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper.
Don’t skip on the fresh garlic here, as it adds the most flavour to this dish. I like to use garlic powder on top because we simply can’t get enough of the flavour.
Garlic Butter and Feta Stuffed Mushrooms
The key to making this so delicious is the garlic butter with the feta cheese on top.
As for choices of cheese, you can substitute the feta for freshly grated parmesan cheese or shredded mozzarella if you desire.
After baking, you can broil the stuffed mushrooms on high for a few minutes to crisp up if that is how you prefer them!
Sprinkle on some parsley for garnish and enjoy at your next holiday gathering with loved ones.
How to Make Stuffed Mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Wash and remove the stems of your cremini mushrooms
- Melt butter in a glass/bowl for 30 seconds in the microwave
- Whisk in the garlic and seasonings to form the garlic butter mixture
- On a lined baking sheet, spread out mushrooms and fill with garlic butter evenly throughout
- Sprinkle on the crumbled/shredded feta cheese and bake for 17-20 minutes, broiling at the end to crisp up if desired
- Garnish with fresh parsley
How to Store Stuffed Mushrooms
If you’re not serving immediately, I would store them in an airtight container in the fridge for four days, or freeze. Simply defrost and heat up in the oven again before serving.
Are Stuffed Mushrooms Gluten-Free and Keto?
Yes, cremini mushrooms are naturally low in carbs and a great option for those doing keto. They will not spike your glucose levels and will help you remain in ketosis with little impact on your blood sugars.
What Other Kinds of Mushrooms Can I Use?
Cremini mushrooms are in the portobello mushroom and white mushroom family, they just have a slightly better taste.
White mushrooms contain higher amounts of potassium, but cremini and portobellos have are richer in the antioxidant “ergothioneine” and any of these types will work just as well for this recipe!
Baby bella are cremini mushrooms and button mushrooms are white mushrooms.
How Many Mushrooms Are in a Serving?
The usual serving size of mushrooms is 1 cup. This recipe makes for approximately 4 servings, or four people.
Can I Double or Triple The Recipe?
If you are planning to make this for a holiday party, you’ll want to triple up on the ingredients to make a much larger batch. They will go quickly!
More Easy Side Dishes:
- Easy Keto Broccoli Salad Recipe (Gluten-Free, Low Carb)
- The Best Oven-Baked Crispy Parmesan Potato Wedges (Gluten-Free)
- Garlic Parmesan Grilled Eggplant (Gluten-Free, Low Carb, Keto)
- Paleo and Whole 30 Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Keto Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeños (Gluten-Free, Low Carb, Keto)
- Crispy Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries (GF, Vegan, Paleo, Whole 30)
Garlic Butter and Feta Stuffed Mushrooms (GF, Keto, Low Carb)
- 16 oz cremini mushrooms (or 453 grams) whole
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup butter unsalted, grass fed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- dash salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp feta cheese crumbled or grated
- finely chopped parlsey for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Wash and remove the stems of mushrooms
- Melt butter in a glass/bowl for 30 seconds in the microwave. Whisk in the minced garlic and seasonings to form the garlic butter mixture.
- On a lined baking sheet, spread out mushrooms and spoon fill with garlic butter evenly throughout. Sprinkle on the feta cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until sizzling and nicely browned. Broil for a few minutes on high and crisp up even more if desired. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve!