Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip – a warm, cheesy, and delicious dip, just like the appetizer you order from your favourite restaurant! Gluten-free, creamy, and extremely delicious!
As a family, we recently took a trip to Timmins, Ontario, a highly populated mining town with tons of things to do. Since we rarely eat out, we decided to have dinner at Boston Pizza and of course, we ordered the spinach dip to start off.
It’s always one of our favourites when we do go out to eat, and what better way to save money and recreate the recipe right from scratch. The dip is chunky, cheesy, and full of flavour. A recipe you absolutely need to try!
This homemade appetizer is easy to put together – just sit back and relax as it cooks in your slow cooker. Dip with fresh veggies, toasted pita, or tortilla chips and enjoy!
My toddlers were the first ones to dig in, grabbing the fresh cut carrots and cucumbers for dipping. It’s definitely a healthy snack and another great way for the whole family to eat their veggies.
Appetizers you’ll love:
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip (Easy, Gluten-Free)
- How to Make Homemade Hummus Without a Food Processor
Another great thing about this recipe is that you can use light cream cheese instead of regular cream cheese for less fat. Of course, dip with veggies instead of bread for less calories and less carbs. That is, if you are working on your summer body!
This is a spinach dip that everyone will enjoy. Impress your family and friends and entertain with this easy and delicious dip. Feel free to double or triple the recipe for a bigger portion size, and sit back and enjoy during the warm spring days.
Refrigerate or freeze the rest, and simply warm up a bowl when you’re ready to eat it again. Oh, and you will want to eat it again and again! Have a great weekend and I hope you all enjoy!
- 1 tsp olive oil for coating
- 2-3 handfuls or fresh or frozen baby spinach, chopped
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) brick low-fat cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp minced jalapeños (optional)
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups raw veggies cut for dipping
- Coat slow cooker with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine ingredients in slow cooker and cook on high for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, scraping from sides. Cook for 1-2 more hours on low.
- Serve in a appetizer bowl with fresh cut carrots, cucumbers, or bell peppers (you can also serve with pita or tortilla chips if desired)
Shop this post: