This easy spinach frittata recipe is naturally low in carbs and keto friendly. Enjoy it as a quick breakfast for every morning or after intermittent fasting, as it will aid in weight loss.
Who doesn’t love quick and easy egg recipes to start your day off right? If you loved my keto egg cups, this will be your new go-to morning recipe because of how immensely easy it is!
Light, cheesy, deliciousness is what this egg frittata is made of. All you need is a handful of spinach to cook in olive oil until wilted, then add in whisked eggs, salt and pepper, and your favourite cheese. Sometimes I will use feta, parmesan, or shredded cheddar. Easy as can be and little to no carbs, this recipe is perfect for keeping your macros in check! As in, it’s a great source of protein, vitamins and minerals (thanks to the eggs) and calcium.
Use sea salt or himalayan salt (pink salt) to get a boost of electrolytes, as you tend to lose a lot of water while consuming a low carb diet diet. Learn more about that here.
More Egg Recipes You’ll Love:
- Keto and Low Carb Breakfast Egg Cups
- Oven Baked Hash Brown Egg Cups (Gluten-Free, Meatless)
- Breakfast Scrambled Egg Stuffed Peppers (Gluten-Free, Paleo, Whole 30)
Not-Your-Average Pan Fried Egg Frittata
Traditional frittatas are cooked on the stove in a cast iron skillet and then transferred into the oven to bake. This recipe is way easier than that. The frittata isn’t as thick as it calls for in other recipes, all you need is a non-stick frying pan and some butter. You can also use ghee or coconut oil, but the better condition your non-stick pan is in, the better.
I love to drizzle some hot sauce on top, but of course, I know there are some ketchup lovers out there! Here is a low carb ketchup that is sweetened with stevia if you simply cannot live without it. Hot pepper flakes and even a freshly sliced avocado works wonderfully on top as well.
Switch out your morning smoothie with this easy egg recipe! I’d love to see how yours turns out.
Easy Spinach Frittata for One (Low Carb, Keto, Gluten-Free)
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 oz spinach (1 handful)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 oz mozzarella shredded, or cheese of choice
- salt and pepper
- hot sauce optional
- In a small nonstick frying pan, cook the spinach in olive oil on medium heat until wilted.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and add to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle on cheese. Let cook for about 4 minutes or until bottom is slightly browned and flip over, cooking until slightly browned (about another 3-4 minutes).
- Slide onto a plate and drizzle hot sauce, or garnish as desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Franca Nemis says
Absolutely easy to make, and delicious!