Vegan Avocado & Chickpea Salad is a light and nutritious meal that is extremely satisfying! Easy to make, this high in protein and fibre salad will be all you need during the warmer months.
Sometimes too much meat and BBQ’d meals can be a little much for your body. It can block you up, meaning you’ll notice you haven’t gone ‘to the washroom’ for a few days.
A simple, light alternative is a salad that’s going to fill you up while satisfying your tastebuds without weighing you down. This avocado and chickpea salad has enough protein to power your day, and enough fibre to clean you out and make you feel great.
If you love this post, you’ll love:
- Blackened Chicken and Avocado Salad (Gluten-Free, Paleo, Whole 30)
- Healthy Green Avocado Smoothie (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-free)
- Chipotle Inspired Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice (Gluten-Free)
The best part about it is that it doesn’t mush all together when you mix it. This salad remains creamy and crunchy at the same time. It’s made with fresh ingredients that make you feel like you’re not actually eating a salad. Talk about satisfying!
This past Canada Day long weekend I served this salad on the patio for our family and it was a complete success. Everyone was excited about how nutritious it looked and raved about how good it tasted. You’d be surprised how a few simple ingredients goes such a long way.
Easy, simple, and definitely delicious! What a way to spend summer with something so light, nutritious, and satisfying all at the same time. Impress your guests or better yet, eat it all, like I did. You won’t regret it!
- 2 avocados
- 2 cups cucumber
- 2 cups tomatoes
- ¼ cup red or white onion
- 1 can chickpeas
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp cilantro (or use parsley)
- juice of 1 lemon
- Peel and pit the avocados, and chop them into 1 inch thick pieces or desired size. Chop the cucumber, tomatoes, and onion as well.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas in a colander.
- Combine all ingredients including juice of one lemon and cilantro in a large salad bowl and toss with tongs. Cut a few pieces of lemon to garnish the salad.
Shop This Post: