Baked Oatmeal Apple Crisp is a one pan dish – simply mix ingredients, bake, and serve as a dessert or a healthy, wholesome morning breakfast. Gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar free!
I just love September and all things fall. The crisp air outside, the colourful leaves, longs walks on the trail and apple picking. It all calls for a nice, warm apple crisp to end a cozy, fun-filled day. A healthy, wholesome dessert to say the least.
This oatmeal apple crisp will warm you up on cooler days and fill your home with the magnificent smell of cinnamon and nutmeg. It’s naturally sweetened with granny smith apples, apple sauce, and a touch of pure maple syrup. All the fall flavours you love! And of course, let’s not forget about pumpkin spice, like my go to vegan pumpkin spice smoothie.
More Fall Recipes You’ll Love:
- Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain Free, Paleo)
- Oatmeal Raisin Pumpkin Cookies (Gluten-Free, Toddler Friendly)
- Gluten-free Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Healthy Pumpkin Spice Smoothie (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Paleo)
Why Baked Oatmeal Apple Crisp?
What you’ll love about this recipe is how easy it is to make. Get the little ones to help and enjoy the aroma throughout your home. Simply spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, mix ingredients together in a bowl, layer the mixture into the baking dish evenly, and bake. Depending on how crispy you want the oatmeal apple crisp to be, it can take anywhere between 30-45 minutes in the oven.
Oatmeal is a great, wholesome way to stay full throughout your day. It has tons of fibre to nurture your body and it’s a much healthier alternative to regular wheat flour involved in most apple crisp recipes. Instead of stirring a pot of oatmeal in the morning, have this pre-made pan covered in the fridge, cut out a piece and warm it up. Easy-peasy.
No sugar. Just naturally sweet and absolute p-e-r-f-e-c-t-i-o-n. Enjoy in a bowl with almond milk or by itself as a breakfast ‘cake’ in the morning, or serve with your favourite dairy free ice cream after dinner. Fall just isn’t fall without this scrumptious apple crisp!
Can you envision the scrumptiousness? The taste is nothing short of what it looks like, I promise. A real treat.
Did you enjoy this recipe? I’d love to know. Tag your Instagram photos with @northsouthblonde and hashtag #northsouthblonde! I can’t wait to see!
Baked Oatmeal Apple Crisp (Gluten-Free and Vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients - oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, chopped pecans and raisins. Mix together. Add in almond milk, applesauce, apple cider vinegar, vanilla, 3/4 of the diced apples, and maple syrup. Mix well. Leave about 1/4 cup of apples to top for later.
- Grease an 8" baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray. Pour in mixture, evening out with a spoon or spatula. Top with the remaining apple slices. Bake for 30-45 minutes depending on desired crispiness.
- Serve with a dollop of dairy free ice cream, or drizzle maple syrup on top. Store in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat and enjoy!