Cleanse and detoxify your body in 5 simple steps. Rid bloating and return your gut health and immune system back to normal.
Why detoxify your body? First of all, summer is around the corner and the last thing you’d want to feel is bloated. Drinking plenty of fluids and cleansing your body using the right natural tools can prevent that and restart your body in the very best way.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
Generally, people tend to confuse thirst with hunger. This causes over-eating, eating poorly, and ultimately weight-gain. That’s why it’s so important to stay hydrated especially in the warm weather. Be sure to drink a glass of water before and after each meal. 8-10 glasses of water is the daily recommendation.
In order for your body to perform at it’s optimal rate so you can look and feel your best this summer, follow these 5 simple steps to detoxifying your body.
What Does Detox Mean?
To detox the body–known as detoxification–is to remove toxins from the body through the liver. This can be done physiologically with a specialist, or through natural medicine.
By using the foods we eat and vitamins for supplementation, we can naturally cleanse the liver and restart our bodies to its optimal performance.
The following are the benefits of detoxification:
- Weight loss and weight management
- Regular digestion promoting regular bowel movements
- Improved immune system
- Higher energy
- Improved mood
- Clearer thinking
- Clear skin and healthy hair and nails
5 Ways to Detoxify Your Body
1. Eat a lot of fibre – brown rice, organically-grown fresh fruits and vegetables. These specific foods are well known for detoxifying the body. Try to eat beets, cabbage, broccoli, radishes, cauliflower, artichokes, spinach, and kale.
Foods high in fibre to detox your body:
- Kidney beans and black beans and split peas.
- Whole grains, brown rice or wholegrain rice
- High fibre seeds like flax seeds and chia seeds.
- Nuts such as almonds, pecans, and walnuts.
- Dried fruit
- Bran cereal, porridge, and oatmeal
- Fresh fruits and veggies (the darker the colour, the better)
One of my favourite ways of cleansing is by doing a 30-day teatox.
3. Consume foods enriched with vitamin C. It will help the body produce glutathione, which is a liver compound that will drive away toxins and clean you out. Lemon is great for detoxifying when added to a glass of water or a hot tea.
Foods high in Vitamin C include:
- Spinach and kale
- Bell Peppers
Vitamins to supplement with while detoxing:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B complex
- Vitamin C (absorbic acid)
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Omega 3 fatty acids
4. Breathe deeply. It allows oxygen to circulate completely throughout your body. Many people use meditation.
5. Prevent stress. Emphasize positive emotions in your life and practice hydrotherapy–take a hot shower, allowing the water to run down your back for about 5 minutes. Follow with cold water for at least 30 seconds. Do this before you go to bed.
Alternatively, simply take a warm bath while playing relaxing music which will create a calm environment.
You can also use an essential oil diffuser in your home that can have a variety of de-stressing benefits while promoting relaxation.
Essential oils For Detoxing and Relieving Stress:
You can detoxify your body in many ways. You can make smoothies with detoxifying ingredients.
Remember to drink plenty of water, use detoxifying teas and herbs, and keep your diet high in fibre. Going to the washroom is a good thing. It means your body is ridding toxins and flushing you out. You will feel and look your best.
I know these tips will work for you. Let me know in the comments below of your favourite way to detox.