This healthy sweet potato and kielbasa skillet is high in protein and fibre, a hearty whole 30 approved breakfast made in only 20 minutes.
First thing’s first. The kielbasa in this recipe is only whole 30 or paleo approved if it is organic, no sugar added, and no preservatives (which cured deli meat has).
I recommend shopping local, purchasing from a butcher or deli who serves organic and nitrate free meat. That means uncured meat. Pederson’s is a company that sells uncured, no sugar added smoked kielbasa – find it here. Their meat contains no antibiotics, growth hormones, and fed no animal by-products.
More breakfast recipes you’ll love:
- Berry Pie Crumble Bars (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- Gluten-Free Nutella Crepes
- Blueberry and Walnut Breakfast Muffins (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free)
Cooking with kielbasa takes me back to my childhood when we would buy it from a local Ukrainian bakery. We would eat it with cheese, crackers, and all the carbs you could think of. Now, I incorporated the same great taste in a way that looks after your health while still indulging in what you love.
Talk about the perfect breakfast! Healthy, wholesome, and full of nutrients and flavour. Not to mention, it only takes 20 minutes to make. Serve this dish when you have family over for the holidays, it will definitely impress your guests!
If you’re not crazy about the taste of spinach, switch it up with baby spinach or arugula. And if you’re tight on time, see my go-to green smoothie recipe here.
Cook the eggs however you please. If you like the yolk more runny, don’t flip them. If you prefer poached or scrambled, by all means you can do that too! Here I cooked the eggs over easy with a dash of sea salt and pepper.
Bring on holiday break! Enjoy.
Sweet Potato and Kielbasa Skillet (Gluten-Free, Paleo, Whole 30)
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high and add the cubed sweet potatoes. Cook on high so that the sweet potatoes crisp up. About 6-8 minutes stirring often.
- Add cubed kielbasa and chopped pepper (I used yellow pepper). Cook about 4 minutes until pepper is softened. Add sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and stir in the spinach. Cook until spinach is softened. Remove from heat.
- Cook eggs in a separate pan as desired.
- Serve sweet potatoes with egg on top and sprinkle on chives. Enjoy!