Let’s just say that I was never a morning person until I had kids. Seriously, if it were’t for them, I would be sleeping in right now, as we speak. So in order for me to really enjoy my mornings, besides sipping on a cold cup of coffee, I’ll mix up a batch of homemade pancakes for my daughters. It makes them happy and gives me purpose (while I sip on my oatmeal breakfast smoothie at the same time).
Just a heads up, this is a pancake recipe made from scratch, meaning no boxed mixture used. I control every ingredient going into these pancakes, therefore I know what’s healthy and what’s not when feeding my family.
The bottom line is I’ll wake up extra early for this recipe any day. Healthy never tasted so good.
So maybe you do have blueberries, bananas, baking powder, brown rice flour, almond milk, cinnamon, flaxseed, and salt sitting around in your kitchen. And if you don’t, experiment! Pancakes are so fun to whip together with whatever you’ve got! Let the kids mix up the ingredients in a large bowl (or just do it yourself if you need to be out the door in a jiffy).
More Toddler Food Recipes You’ll Love:
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- Berry Chia Seed Popsicles
- How to Make Oatmeal Not Boring
- A Free Guid to Feeding a Picky Eater
This is a delicious and healthy breakfast recipe for the upcoming holiday season. Whether you have guests over or you just want to indulge, mix these bad boys up and fry them without the guilt. Top with light whipped cream, yogurt, pure maple syrup, a sprinkle of icing sugar, or more cinnamon. I love how fluffy these turn out!
This right here is another recipe that I wish I had when I was pregnant with both of my daughters. My cravings were out of this world! There’s no dairy, sugar, or gluten involved – just delicious and fluffy pancakes. Talk about low calories.
Note – for vegans, use a tablespoon of ground flaxseed and 3 tablespoons of water to replace one egg.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 large ripe banana
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1½ cup brown rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg OR 1 tbsp ground flaxseed and 3 tbsp water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat a large frying pan with a tsp of olive oil (or coconut oil if desired) on medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, pour in the batter to form whichever size of pancake you'd like - large or small for the littles. Cook for a few minutes on each side until golden brown in colour. Make sure heat isn't set high so pancakes don't burn. Use a spatula to check colour underneath. Remove and serve and repeat for remainder of batter.
- Top with more blueberries, cinnamon, and pure maple syrup.
P.S. I am officially a Yummly.com publisher! Now you can save any of your favourite recipes from North South Blonde to your own Yummly recipe box – all you have to do is Share the recipe via the Yummly button on the top of this post so you can have it on hand always!