Blackened Chicken and Avocado Salad is the easiest and healthiest meal you will ever make. In less than 20 minutes, you’ll have a nutrient packed, delicious and filling lunch or dinner that aids in weight loss.
Salads never tasted this good. And I’ll say it again and again. This avocado salad is light, low carb, and low calorie, it’s perfect for those warmer months. Whether you are lounging on the patio with a glass of wine, or serving guests, this is everything.
It’s so important to add colourful foods to your diet. Bright greens are considered super foods. In other words, brain food. They do your body good and you will see amazing results when you incorporate these foods every day.
We are in the process of growing our fresh herbs (cilantro, dill, basil, and more). I can’t wait to use them and preserve them for future recipes. The cilantro you see in this salad is dried cilantro. It’s not the same as fresh, but it works. Also, my husband used the last red onion so I was stuck using white onion. I recommend using red for salads.
Like this recipe? You’ll love:
- Chipotle Inspired Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice (Gluten-Free)
- Chicken Rice and Black Bean Burritos
- Teriyaki Inspired Salmon Marinade (Gluten-Free)
It’s a salad, so adding different ingredients each time will definitely work. I’ve had strawberry and almond salads, and wow. It all depends on your taste buds and also making salads exciting to eat. There are just so many ways you can make them crunchy and filling. On top of it all, you can finally be satisfied after eating a salad, and most definitely proud of yourself for eating it!
If you make this recipe, be sure to hashtag #northsouthblonde and tag me on Instagram!
Interested in starting your own food blog? Here’s my step-by-step guide to starting a profitable blog for beginners.
Blackened Chicken and Avocado Salad (Gluten-Free, Paleo, Whole 30)
- Blackened Chicken:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin optional
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch salt and pepper
- Avocado Salad:
- 2 cups romaine lettuce can also use baby spinach
- 1 large tomato
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 cup cucumber
- 2 avocados
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cilantro fresh or dried
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Defrost chicken prior to starting. Wash and pat dry. In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and olive oil. Coat the chicken and cook on medium heat in a frying pan until no longer pink in center (approximately 15 minutes, depending on thickness).
- Wash, dry, and chop lettuce. Peel, pit, and chop the avocados as well as the tomato, onion, cucumber into desired size. Usually about 1/2 inch pieces. Add all the ingredients to a large salad bowl, drizzling the olive oil and sprinkling the salt, pepper, and cilantro. Toss with tongs.
- Remove the chicken and cut diagonally into strips, place on top of salad and serve immediately.